Book Haul

Saturday, January 17, 2015


Hello hello!
For Hanukkah and Christmas, I got a bunch of Barnes and Noble gift cards (honestly that's all I ask for. EVER). I reeeeally wanted to run to the store then and there and drown myself in books, but I knew it wouldn't be practical, with the road trip and all. So I decided to order them online and send them to my grandparents house. They were here when we got here, and I almost cried. 
On a little side note here, I had to leave most of my books back home since the house is still up for sale and we needed the bookcases full. I only brought ones that I needed, most of them being series' that have the last book coming out this year (I reread all the books in a trilogy or series before the last book comes out so everything is fresh in my mind).
Anywho, I ordered the Shatter me trilogy, Unite me (which is the two novellas), and a fancy box set of the Percy Jackson series. Afterworlds and Black Ice are from my TBR shelf, which I obviously couldn't leave at home. Here's a little blurb on the books. 

(Image and synopsis from Barnes and Noble)
I have a curse.
I have a gift.
I'm a monster.
I'm more than human.
My touch is lethal.
My touch is power.
I am their weapon.
I will fight back.
No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
Let's just talk about the cover here for a second.
Beautiful, right? YES. I APPLAUD THE BOOK MARKETERS HERE. KEEP DOING WHAT YOUR DOING. Don't get me wrong, the original cover was pretty too. But still.
Let's compare, shall we?

B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

(Image and synopsis from Barnes and Noble)

Darcy Patel has put college on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. With a contract in hand, she arrives in New York City with no apartment, no friends, and all the wrong clothes. But lucky for Darcy, she's taken under the wings of other seasoned and fledgling writers who help her navigate the city and the world of writing and publishing. Over the course of a year, Darcy finishes her book, faces critique, and falls in love.
Woven into Darcy's personal story is her novel, Afterworlds, a suspenseful thriller about a teen who slips into the “Afterworld” to survive a terrorist attack. The Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead, and where many unsolved—and terrifying—stories need to be reconciled. Like Darcy, Lizzie too falls in love…until a new threat resurfaces, and her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she cares about most.




This fucker is huge. 608 pages!!!

(Image and synopsis from Barnes and Noble)
Britt Pheiffer has trained to backpack the Teton Range, but she isn’t prepared when her ex-boyfriend, who still haunts her every thought, wants to join her. Before Britt can explore her feelings for Calvin, an unexpected blizzard forces her to seek shelter in a remote cabin, accepting the hospitality of its two very handsome occupants—but these men are fugitives, and they take her hostage.
Britt is forced to guide the men off the mountain, and knows she must stay alive long enough for Calvin to find her. The task is made even more complicated when Britt finds chilling evidence of a series of murders that have taken place there…and in uncovering this, she may become the killer’s next target.





I'm a sucker for romance, and apparently Britt gets mixed signals from one of her captors. HAWT.


(Image and synopsis from Goodreads)
Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse-Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends -- one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena -- Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods





I've heard nothing but fantastic things about this book, and I FINALLY got it. Christine Riccio (my all time favorite booktuber, you can find her channel here) praises this book likes it's the bible. SO OF COURSE I HAD TO CHECK IT OUT. 

I think I'm going to start Shatter me first, then depending on if I want to immediately jump into another series, either Percy Jackson or Black Ice. Happy reading :)







No comments:

Post a Comment