Ten Books I'd Love To Read With My Bookclub/ If I Had A Bookclub

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

This meme is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. If I had a book club, I would want it to feature any kind of YA. Contemporary, fantasy, dystopian, romance, doesn't matter. Anything!



Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
Witty, action packed, heart wrenching, and just outright amazing, this book is a force to be reckoned with. OBVIOUSLY it has to be featured in my book club.








Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
Do I even need to explain this one? No.










I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Jandy Nelson's writing is magical. Period. I can't even begin to describe it because the only way you'd understand is if you read one of her books. Her other novel, The Sky is Everywhere, was just as beautiful. I highly, highly recommend these books.







Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
Rose Hathaway will always hold a special place in my heart. Besides Twilight (still trying to get over my embarrassment on that subject), the Vampire Academy series was the first sequence of books that truly got me into reading. It's like Harry Potter for some people. I grew up reading these and I've always aspired to be like Rose. And though I wish I could shove the entire series into one "book" I know that would be cheating, so I picked my favorite. It was an amazing ending and I couldn't have asked for anything better.




Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
I really can't put my finger on what, exactly, makes this book stand out in my mind. I read it a long time ago, yet every time someone asks me for a really good contemporary novel I recommend this one. Lauren Oliver is an astounding author and her lyrical style of writing is mind blowing. She's up there with Jandy Nelson.






Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
One of the best endings to a trilogy I've ever read. It was absolutely stunning. If I say any more I just might start crying cause I finished this last week and I'm still in mourning. WAH.










Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
A feel good contemporary novel that made me want to create my own list and start doing things outside of my comfort zone. I loved it!









Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
I have ZERO words for how incredible this trilogy was. If there ever was a trilogy that could be turned into a series, I would pick this one 100%. I can't even go into detail on this book without getting choked up (this seems to be happening a lot).








Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Fantaaaaaaastic fantasy book. Just awesome all around. Kick ass heroine, swoon worthy boys, a gorgeous world, and amazing writing? Check, check, check, and check.








Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Another great ending to a series. This is one of the few books that literally had me laughing out loud (or in my case smacking my hand over my mouth so my family didn't think I was crazy). The one issue I had with this book was the cover change. Can we all just mutually agree its pointless to change the cover of the LAST book in a series? Keep the OCD people happy and please print opposition with a cover that matches the rest of the books :)






What books would you have in your book club?

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I LOVED Ignite Me! One of my favorite series to date!

    Check out my TTT!

    https://onenightbookstandblog.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-id-love-to-read-with-my-book-clubif-i-had-a-book-club/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list! Love Vampire Academy and Throne of Glass is on my TBR!
    Carly :)
    Tea and Cakes

    ReplyDelete