The Titans Curse by Rick Riordan

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Song I Played While Reading- Dangerous by David Guetta
Rating- 4 stars

Synopsis-
When Percy Jackson revives an urgent distress call from his friend Grover, he immediately prepares for battle. He knows he'll need his powerful demigods allies at his side; his trusty bronze sword, Riptide; and.. a ride from his mom.
The demigods race to the rescue to find that Grover has made an important discovery; two powerful half-bloods, whose parentage is unknown. But that's not all that awaits them. The Titans lord Kronos has set up a devious trap, and the young hero have just fallen pray.






LOOOOOOOOOOVED THIS BOOK. Honestly half the reason why is cause of all the mythology we learn. Its fascinating as hell. It takes a while to get used to and to remember everything, but once you do it's like oh shit I could teach this. Whenever I see statues of gods I wanna start spouting random information. It's awesome. Like I said before, this series get better with every book. The writing is more complex and we've got more emotional appeal. We feel things more deeply now that Percy is old enough to really understand life and death. I think the coolest thing is reading about these big, bad Olympian gods and seeing that they can act human too. Not a lot, but it happens.
_____________________________________

I totally didn't see Nico's heritage coming into play. I really thought Hades had kept his promise. Do you know how creepy that would be? That's one god I would not want to be my dad. Being able to rip a hole open in the Earth and send whoever I want into hell would be nice.. occasionally. Lets hope Nico gets his anger under control or else Hades will be really complaining about the population down there. I wonder how he'll come into play in the final battle cause I'm pretty sure he's in the Hereos of Olympus series. I've heard people talking about him a lot and how they like him, so clearly he fights on the right team (I hope). He's probably gonna be really hot (is that weird? probably)
I was a little irked in the beginning of the book when we read that Percy was getting more dreams on the villain laughing about how these demigods have played into their trap, once again. I'm tired of that route. It was nice starting this book in the winter instead of the summer, but it fell into the same path as the other two. Something bad happens, he has a dream, they have to take a quest. BLAH. The Hunters were a cool addition, though I was little weirded out that they all looked super young. Coming from a person who personally looks very young and gets remarks about it all the time ("Oh I thought you were 14!") I wonder why they didn't just wait til they were older. I would want to be frozen at 21 or 22. Not twelve, good lord.
I definitely took Zoe's death a little harder then usual. We finally get some emotional writing in this book and there were a few times that I got really sad, and her death was one of them. I just think it's amazing, that kind of servitude. To be completely selfless and give up so much, just to serve this one person, then to die for them. It's amazing. Plus the little ceremony, star-blowing thing was so awesome to picture. But now that Thalia has joined the hunt and taken over her spot, things are gonna get interesting. Does she still have her powers? What's her role going to be in the final battle? I don't know why I'm so obsessed with picturing this final battle but I am. I keep wondering how everyone is going to eventually come into play. ITS GOING TO BE SO EPIC.
Thalia had her moments but she was kind of boring. When Percy and her duke it out after the capture the flag game, I was giddy. ITS SO COOL HAVING THOSE KINDS OF POWERS. I wonder who would win if they actually went head to head. So badass. I'M SO JEALOUS. I would still want Percy's powers, even though being able to electrocute someone would be crazy cool.
Did anybody else fall in love with Apollo? His haiku moment had me cracking up. Hellooooooo handsome.
The ending had another cliffhanger with Pan, thought I would have been okay with it all ending when Percy figured out Nico was Hades kid. That whole Pan situation is weird. And I wonder if the coffee actually helped? "I await you." Where art thou, Pan. Grover is going to flip his shit when he meets him.
And I also wonder what the bad news Clarisse got from her scouting quest was. What added stress is Percy going to have to lug around on his shoulders now? Poor baby. Maybe Annabeth can help bare the weight (get it? cause they both carried the weight of the sky? I shouldn't be typing this review when I can barely keep my eyes open, yet here I am).

Quotes
"Nereus spun and expanded, turning into a killer whale, but I grabbed his dorsal fin as he burst out of the water.
A whole bunch of tourists went, "Whoa!"
I managed to wave at the crowd. Yeah, we do this every day here in San Francisco

"Artemis gritted her teeth. "I need a favor. I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood."
"Sure, sis!" Then he raised his hands in a stop everything gesture. "I feel a haiku coming on."
The Hunters all groaned. Apparently they'd met Apollo before.
He cleared his throat and held up one hand dramatically.
"Green grass breaks through snow.
Artemis pleads for me help.
I am so cool." Seriously bae


(Image from Goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment