Top Ten Book Related Problems

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

This meme is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish. On this foggy Tuesday (seriously, where I am right now you can't even see five feet in front of you), we're going to be talking about bookish problems.




1. Cover changes
I don't know about anyone else but this is my biggest book pet peeve ever. Even if the covers are butt ugly, DONT YOU DARE CHANGE THEM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SERIES. Or whats even worse... the last book. I can't even tell you guys how painful it is to see the Lux series on my shelf and to ooh and aah over it until the glaringly ugly last book assaults my vision. And this next example.. it physically hurts my heart.




WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

2. Actors on cover don't physically match description of narrator
Another cover related issue. Seriously I go crazy over this, ask my family. They've been at the opposite end of my rantings these past years. A good example of this is My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick. On it, you've got the two lovers, presumably Sam and Jase. But alas.. Sam has short blonde hair. In the book she's described to have hair that touches her lower back. IS IT THAT HARD TO SMACK A WIG ON THE GIRL, PEOPLE.

3. I'm horribly indecisive
I wish I could read 5 different books at the same time, but I can't split my time like that. I focus wholly on the book I'm reading. That doesn't mean I don't longingly stare at my TBR pile or Heir of Fire half of the time, wishing I could read another book but also read Heir of Fire because Rolaena (Rowlaena? I'm embarrassed to say I don't know what the ship name is). Or you could find me sitting in front of my TBR shelf, mentally fighting myself on what book to read next. It could take hours. 

4. Never enough space
I barely had enough space back at my old house with 2 full-size book cases and built in shelves. And now I'm left with a 4 by 2 feet bookcase. God help me. 

5. Forgetting what happens in a previous book
I don't remember what I had for lunch half the time, so how am I expected to remember everything that happens in a book I read 6 months to a year ago??? There needs to be a website strictly for book summaries. I know wikipedia sometimes does this but not all the time.

6. Rereading all the books in a series when the final one comes out. 
This is the proper goodbye for me. I marathon the books so everything is fresh and clear in my mind. But sometimes I just want to read the last book right away and I get annoyed with the thought of having to trek all the way back to when the narrator was a wimpy turd (not all of them are like this but there are definitely times when I marvel at the character development and wonder how someone could do such a 180). 

7. Book hangovers.
Do I need to say more? You all know what I'm talking about

8. BOYS
I've got such high and unrealistic expectations for my future boyfriend that its not even funny. My mom tells me this all the time. But how can I settle for such dull mortal boys when I read about these swoon-worthy hotties in my favorite books? Its so sad *cries*

9. Book to movie adaptations 
I've got a love/hate relationship with these movies. One half of me is excited because MY FAVORITE BOOK IS BEING PUT ON THE BIG SCREEN AND ITS GOING TO BE EPIC AND OMG I CANT WAIT TO SEE THIS SCENE BE PLAYED OUT AND ITS TOTALLY GOING TO DO WELL BECAUE HARRY POTTER AND THE HUNGER GAMES DID, SO WHY NOT THIS BOOK? But then the other half of me goes noooooooooOOOOOOO PLEASE DONT MAKE THIS AS A MOVIE ITS GOING TO BE AWFUL AND ITS GOING TO BREAK MY HEART AND PEOPLE WILL JUDGE IT BUT I SWEAR ITS GOOD READ THE BOOK THEN YOU'LL UNDERSTAND. I literally cried after I saw Vampire Academy. This was one of my all time favorites series and I had been waiting for this movie for years and following all the progress. And the trailer looked good so I had high hopes. And they were dashed. And it hurt. 

10. Not having friends/people who read
I've managed to convince my friends to read some books, mostly cheeky contemporaries (though I managed to convince one to read The Mortal Instruments and that was a glorious time in my life). But most of the time I find myself tweaking out in my room alone, screaming my feels on Goodreads. But that wasn't enough, so I started this blog and I love it. Now I can tweak out with other humans instead of technology.

What're some of your bookish problems? 

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING LIST. I agree with all of your points! Cover changes are the absolute worst, and then they make my series look not as pretty on the shelves. :( I also hate not having friends who like to read as much as me, which is why I started blogging too. It's super great to finally talk to some people who love reading! Thanks for sharing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? And especially when the cover is already so pretty as it is! Thanks for comment and follow :)

      Delete