Top Ten All Time Favorite Books

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

This was probably one of the hardest posts I've had to do yet. Luckily, these books have to be from the past 3 years, so that helped narrow down my choices. But still, holy guacamole this was difficult. This meme is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish



1. Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas
I know, I know, this shouldn't count cause its a series but SERIOUSLY YOU TRY READING THESE BOOKS AND PICK A FAVORITE. It's impossible. So I'm lumping it all together.

2. The Grisha trilogy by Leigh Bardugo
So good. Just.. THESE BOOKS ARE SO GOOD. The villain is a smoldering hottie that you can't help but root for and I love books like that. Nothing is as it seems.

3. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare (I swear this is the last one)
What's better than a sassy and sarcastic hot guy? A sassy and sarcastic GENTLEMAN. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Will Herondale yet, then I'm terribly sorry.

4. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
I had to read this for English class my junior year and my god I fell in love. Usually I hate classics because I find them hard to read and very stuffy, but I found Francie and her life to be so uplifting and inspiring. The raw emotions and vivid details made me feel as if I was living in Williamsburg myself.

5. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
There is something completely magical about Jandy Nelson's writing. I absolutely adore The Sky is Everywhere, and her newest novel did not disappoint. It was raw and heartbreaking and beautiful and completely mesmerizing. If you like heartwarming contemporaries then pick up this damn book.

6. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken
This is the delicious second book in The Darkest Minds trilogy and oh god was it amazing. I loved the new characters, the plot line, the character development, and THE INSANE ENDING. It was so, so good.

7. The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey
I challenge anyone to find a more epic start to a trilogy then with this book. In this bleak world Yancey manages to weave a hilarious and epic tale of bravery and humanity, with twists and turns at every page that leaves you scrambling for the next book.

8. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
A surprisingly relatable book that had me laughing and crying at the same time. The main character struggles with social anxiety, preferring the fan fiction world she creates from her favorite series. Its funny, light, and so adorable that I never wanted it to end.

9. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
I'm 100% obsessed with this book. Even though I read this months ago, my feels are still all over the place. From the insanely beautiful world to the kick ass characters, I fell head over heels in love. WHY IS IT ONLY A TRILOGY?

10. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
The best ending to a trilogy EVER. I don't even want to go into details on it because I get so worked up and depressed because I WANT MORE WARNETTE AND KENJI, DAMNIT. It's so. freaking. good.

What're some of your all time favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment