Top Ten Beach Reads

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

This meme is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish :)

1. The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han
The Holy Grail of contemporary summer reads for me, I absolutely adore these books. This is my go-to beach read, and if you haven't read it yet DO IT.
2. Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
On par with The Summer I Turned Pretty, I adore this book!
3. The Sky is Everywhere/ I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Can you blame me for including both her books in this one? JANDY NELSON IS BAE.
4. The DUFF by Kody Kiplinger
One of my favorite rom-coms, this was a super fun read. Has anyone seen the movie? If so, what did you think?
5. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
I mostly enjoy picturing Will as Liam Hemsworth *drools* 
6. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I will tell you nothing except that its a contemporary, mystery, and romance in one. GO READ IT AND TWEAK OUT LIKE THE REST OF THE UNIVERSE DID. 
7. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
An inspirational and fun read about a girl finding her voice and taking charge of her life. Add in a summer bucket list and you get this ADORABLE story. I also met Morgan Matson and ahhh, she was amazing :)
8. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
The only classic literature I love with a fiery passion, I'm assuming most of y'all know what this is about. Just know I love it. And I love Francie. 
9. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Just... RIDGE *sobs and runs away while playing the soundtrack*
10. The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
SO SO SO SO CUTE I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN IT JUST READ IT<333 (also this WILL be my last name when I'm older. Any boys on here with the last name Thorne?)

What books are on your list? I'm always open to recommendations and would love to see your list!

Side note here: I just now realized (14 hours after I made this post) that I made this a beach book recommendation list. Oops! But I would still reread these books on the beach cause they're THAT perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Jenny Han made my list of beach reads too. Adore the DUFF and Jandy Nelson is love! Happy Reading!

    ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several on your list that I still need to read! In fact I haven't read any of them yet. Great list of beach recommendations!
    Thank you for stopping by my TTT post!
    Stephanie @ My Bookish Itinerary

    ReplyDelete