The Reading Habits Tag

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hi guys! Krystianna from Downright Dystopian posted this tag yesterday and tagged anyone that wanted to do it. I thought it sounded super cool so lets get into it! 

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?
Usually on my bed or the couch in the living room. 

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Neither....? Oh god, don't hate me, but I dog-ear my pages. I've literally done this my entire life, and I've tried multiple times to use bookmarks but I always just forget or get annoyed with them. Why this is such a bad thing is beyond me but I DO IT AND I'M NOT AFRIAD TO SAY IT. 

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?
Do people really stop reading in the middle of a scene? If I'm stopping on my own it'll always be at the end of a chapter. But if I'm called away and don't have enough time to finish the chapter then it's the end of the page. 

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Yep! I tend to always eat either my protein bars or chocolate covered almonds if I'm hungry. Water is my drink of choice so it's always that as well. 

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?
Music all the way. As some of you may have noticed, I have a different song I play with each book I read. I don't remember exactly how I picked up this habit, but I've been doing it for a while now. It adds more emotion to the story, makes it more intense and realistic. And theres really no method to picking a song, it's just whatever sounds right for the book. When I was younger I just played whatever I was listening to, something I now regret and am immensely embarrassed about. What song did I choose to listen to while reading Harry Potter? Down On Me by Jeremih and 50 cent. ITS SO NOT OKAY. 

6. One book at a time or several at once?
One. I want to give the book my undivided attention. Plus I get the stories jumbled together if I read multiple ones at once, which doesn't help my review process at all.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! As long as I have my music I'm good to go.

8. Reading out loud or in your head?
In my head! Theres no point in me reading it out loud cause I'm not reading it to anyone. 

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Only if I'm super, super, SUPER bored with a story or super, super, SUPER excited for a scene and unintentionally peak at whats to come. Do you know how many damn times I've spoiled myself because my eyes have betrayed me and jumped ahead?! I usually have to cover the paragraph with my hand if I'm really anxious.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I used to keep my books in mint condition and would flip out at the slightest crinkle or tear in them. And now I'm into the wear-and-tear look and don't mind cracking the spine. It makes the book look like it's been loved. 

11. Do you write in your books?
Not usually. I have before, though. I remember doing it in The Book Thief because I was just so hung up on Zusak's writing. I swear, if there was a writing God, it would be him.

12. What're you currently reading?
I'm currently reading, and LOVING WITH A FIERY PASSION, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Now, if there ever was a writing Goddess, it would be her. 

I tag anyone that wants to do this :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment