Happy Monday!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Hi guys! I can't believe September is almost over. I'm visiting some friends in SoCal the first week of October, and it's not really hitting me that it's a little under two weeks away. I have to write a paper for class before I go, plus I'm trying to cram in as many books as I can because I won't be reading anything down there. I might get an audiobook to listen to in the car, but I don't want to use my data for that long. *sigh* THE STRUGGLES OF A BOOKWORM. Do you guys use Audible? Do you enjoy it? I'm open to really anything, and if it doesn't use my data after I download it, that would be AMAZING.
Anyways, let's get onto the post!

Read Last Week
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo

Currently Reading
The Vacationers by Emma Straub

To Read
Down to You by M. Leighton

I think I'm gonna put The Vacationers down. It's quite the odd book, not only because it's insanely boring and stuffy and some of the characters in it are SO snotty, but because it has all these rave reviews from People and The New York Times and Publishers Weekly, but then on Goodreads it has a 3.13 rating, and it seems like the people don't like it. I can see why, and am mildly amused at the contrast of feelings between the people and these high-up magazines/ newspapers. But overall, the story is super dry and isn't pulling me in, so I'm gonna put it down and pick up this juicy NA, Down to You. A love triangle with two brothers? YES PLEASE.

Happy readings :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great vacation, Mariah! I do enjoy audiobooks as long as it's with a good narrator. I had fun listening to the Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete