Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

This meme is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish :)

1. Maggie Hall
Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2) 
I loooooved her first novel. It was so fun and glamorous, I completely gobbled it up, and I'm itching to get my hands on the next book, Map of Fates. I actually just requested an ARC of it this morning from Penguin, SO CROSS YOUR FINGERS. 

2. Sara Raasch
Ice Like Fire (Snow Like Ashes, #2)
So I just might be reading her sophomore novel now, Ice Like Fire... IT COUNTS. SLA was the first book I read this year and it was a five star knockout. I'm so happy I finally got my hands on Ice Like Fire. It's so damn good!

3. Danielle Paige
The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die, #2)
Is it possible to be excited for someones sophomore novel, but to have had a physical copy on your shelf for months now and still have yet to touch it?? I'm confused, too.  

4. Victoria Aveyard
Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
EeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPP. My heart still hurts over that plot twist at the end of Red Queen. I MUST KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. 

5. Rosamund Hodge
Crimson Bound
I really enjoyed Cruel Beauty, so I'm anxious to get my hands on her next novel, Crimson Bound! The cover is GORGEOUS. 

6. Marissa Meyer
Scarlett (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
THIS COUNTS. I've only read Cinder, which was her debut novel, so I'm of course excited to read Scarlett. I've been waiting until Winter comes out so I can marathon the whole series. 

7. Rene Ahdieh
The Rose and the Dagger (The Wrath and the Dawn, #2)
My OTP's are in distress. They aren't together. I. NEED. THEM. TOGETHER. 

8. Maria Dahvana Headley
Magonia #2
Magonia was crazy interesting and refreshing, so I can't wait to get my hands on the next installment.  


What authors made it onto your list today? Link your post down in the comments! :)

3 comments:

  1. I've heard so many great things about all of these books!! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many of these on my tbr. I guess I better catch up soon before the sequels show up! I'm crossing my fingers for you to receive Map of Fates!

    ReplyDelete