Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books In the Past Year

Monday, November 16, 2015

This meme is hosted by the lovely ladies at The Broke and the Bookish :)
(These are in no particular order, just by when I found them.)


"She wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me in tight, and I swear I feel my soul brush against hers. I expand beyond the boundaries of Dylan's body, out until I am the waves crashing on the beach, the sun shining in her hair, that wind that sweeps over our skin. I am everything and nothing and exist only because this girl presses her heart to mine."

Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay







"He presses the triggers. And like roses in his hands, death blooms."

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff









"Someday we will be more than words in the dark."

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch










"My words are unerring tools of destruction, and I've come unequipped with the ability to disarm them." 

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater









"Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures.
No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh."

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi






"One of the things I love about books is being able to define and condense certain portions of a character's life into chapters. It's intriguing, because you can't do this with real life. You can't just end a chapter, then skip the things you don't want to live through, only to open it up to a chapter that better suits your mood. Life can't be divided into chapters... only minutes. The events of your life are all crammed together one minute right after the other without any time lapses or blank pages or chapter breaks because no matter what happens life just keeps going and moving forward and words keep flowing and truths keep spewing whether you like it or not and life never lets you pause and just catch your fucking breath.
I need one of those chapter breaks. I just want to catch my breath, but I have no idea how."


                    Hopeless by Colleen Hoover


"She'd laughed, and if he could have bottled the sound and gotten drunk on it every night, he would have. It terrified him.” 

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo









"She wore a dress Ronan thought looked like a lampshade. Whatever sort of lamp it belonged on, Gansey clearly wished he had one.
Ronan wasn't a fan of lamps."

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater








"She was fire, and light, and ash, and embers. She was Aelin Fireheart, and she bowed for no one and nothing, save the crown that was hers by blood and survival and triumph."

Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas








"You'll never be able to find yourself if you're lost in someone else."

November 9 by Colleen Hoover










What're some of your favorite quotes? Link your post down in the comments! :)

6 comments:

  1. Great list. I can't wait to read Queen of Shadows, haven't had the chance yet. I have a quote from Snow Like Ashes on my list too.

    My TTT:Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QoS is quite the book! Brace yourself, is all I can say. SJM slaughters us readers with the feels :)

      Delete
  2. Such amazing quotes, and a great compilation of quotes on words and books! Great picks :)

    Kim @ Divergent Gryffindor: BLOG || VLOG
    Recent post: Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even notice that until you commented! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting how so many are about words and their power!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/11/book-quotes-i-love-from-last-year.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words are powerful, so it makes sense that I would have a lot of favorite quotes about them! I almost added another one that was about words, but figured I should try and evenly space them out :) Thanks for commenting!

      Delete