Unpopular opinion book tag!

Thursday, November 26, 2015


I've seen this floating around the internet for awhile, and finally decided to join in when Alexandra from Twirling Pages posted it! 

A popular book/ series you didn't like

I've got a couple good ones. The Secret History by Donna Tart, simply because we learned too much mundane information about the main character and it was really boring. I stopped 150 pages in. With Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell, I literally COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT WAS SO GREAT ABOUT IT. It was so... dull! Both the characters were awkward and didn't have any chemistry. Finally, The Young Elites by Marie Lu, which I've gone back and fourth on. I stopped about half way, and had planned on picking it back up at some point, but as I thought about it, I really had no interest in the story and what happened. I'm tempted to just spoil myself so I can finally learn what happens at the end that has everyone freaking out!


A book series everyone hates but you love

Fallen by Lauren Kate! I literally see so much shit over these books and I think "How????" But everyone obviously has their own likes and dislikes, and I for one loved this series. I did read it a long time ago, so maybe I wouldn't like it as much today as I did back then. 

A love triangle where the main character ends up with the person you didn't want them to end up with

This is going to be spoiler-y for The Grisha Trilogy, so LOOK AWAY IF YOU HAVENT READ IT! I literally do not understand what Alina saw in Mal. I don't. It's unfathomable. Compared to The Darkling and Nikolai, what was so great about him? He refused to accept her abilities and constantly wanted her to be something she wasn't. And he was such a poop head! He was so boring and annoying, always ruining the mood with his blunt opinions and unnecessary commentary. At least The Darkling could make you want to rip your clothes off around him and Nikolai could make you laugh your ass off. Whatever, I'll take both of them, thank you very much. Alina can have her annoying Mal.

A popular book genre you rarely reach for

This is a difficult one to answer. If I had to pick one, it would be historical fiction, even though I love that genre. I just unintentionally rarely read books that are set in that genre, since I usually go for paranormal/fantasy and contemporary. 

A popular character you didn't like

Helene from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir! She was so annoying and emotional and grumpy, I always wanted Elias to just kick her to the damn curb. And she didn't seem as badass as the book made her out to be. I feel like half the time, she was knocked unconscious in a fight or held back by someone.

A popular author you can't seem to get into

Ehhhhhhhhhh this is another one that I really don't have an answer too! There's never been an author who's work I've tried to read multiple times that I still didn't enjoy.

Popular trope you're tired of seeing

I'm an easy reader, cause there's nothing I'm tired of reading in books. Love triangles? I'm a sucker for a dick fight. You're The Choosen One? Cool! I'm jealous! Plain protagonist who suddenly becomes beautiful because she's got magical abilities? *furiously raises hand and wags it in the air* I'LL TAKE THAT TROPE PLEASE. If I HAD to pick something though, I do get a little annoyed at the idea that a boy and a girl can't be just friends. 

Popular series you have no interest in reading

Under the Never Sky trilogy by Veronica Rossi. I have no idea what its about, which is fine by me since I don't plan on ever reading it. It's nothing against the author or her story, it's just a trilogy that's long passed it's due date. There was a time for me to read it, and I didn't.

I tag YOU, the lovely person reading this blog post.

Happy readings :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment