Happy Monday!

Monday, June 20, 2016

Hey, hey y'all! I had a pretty uneventful week last week, except for this major shopping trip I went on Saturday. I splurged on a small Michael Kors backpack because it was on sale, and I've been pining for it for months now. That, my friends, is the worlds way of saying "BUY THAT SHIT." So I did. #treatyoself

Read last week
NOTHING. I'M SORRY, I FINISHED NOTHING, OH MY FREAKING GOD. I blame Outlander. I started that show on a whim one day last week, and I became hooked. I have a 7 day free trail with Starz, so I've been trying to cram in as many episodes as I can get, so that means no reading time for moi. Plus, life has been getting in the way (as usual).

Currently reading
The Head of Medusa by Michelle Meadow, which is the third book in her Elementals series. It's okay so far; I got through the first half super quickly, and though it was action-packed and cute as usual, there's something missing. Luckily, it's a quick read, so give me another two hours of free time and I'll have it done. I'm hoping it gets better! Though I do have a weird feeling someone important is going to either get hurt or die and I'm fervently hoping not. 

To-read
Just to give myself a little free reign with my TBR, I might pick up Mosquitoland by David Arnold before diving into Blue Lily, Lily Blue and The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm crossing my fingers that I finish two books this week. I should be able to, because I've got the whole week off, but I don't want to jinx myself because OUTLANDER AND LIFE.

Books I've obtained
None! I said last week that I was probably going to stop by Barnes & Noble, but the two times I had the chance too, my TBR screamed at me not to. AND I ACTUALLY LISTENED. What is this sorcery???

Music I've been loving
Single For The Summer by Sam Hunt // Kings of Summer by ayokay // Hotel California by the Eagles // Home by Dotan // Bartender by Lady Antebellum // Dimelo by Snakehips // Wasted Time by Keith Urban // Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake // Talk by DJ Snake // Aftergold by Big Wild // Boss by Disclosure

Posts I uploaded
Happy Monday! on 6/13

Life shenanigans
OutlanderoutlanderoutlanderoutlanderoutlanderoutlanderOUTLANDEROUTLANDER! I'm obsessed. I really wanted to read the book first, but I'm kind of glad I didn't, because it makes the TV show that much better because I have no idea what to expect. Ever. All the plot twists and revelations are so shocking to me. The story, especially Jamie and Clarie's relationship, progressed much differently than I thought it would. I've also started curating a small mug collection and got back into journaling. If anyone has any cute mug places they love to shop at (book and non-book related) please let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment