Happy Monday!

Monday, June 27, 2016

(I'm currently writing this on Sunday night, and can barely string two words together because of lack of sleep and a previous night of shenanigans. So. I really hope this makes sense!)

Read last week
Elementals: The Head of Medusa by Michelle Madow, which was cute, fun, and fast-paced, but I struggled with the first half, so I gave it 3.5 stars. I'm a part of the review tour and my date is the 31st, so I'll have my review up then! Then I finished Mosquitoland by David Arnold, which I positively adored. Here's my review!

Currently (re)reading
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. I'm only 30ish pages into it, but obviously it's fantastic. The Raven boys and Blue are actual #squadgoals.

To-read
The Raven King by Maggie Steifvater, then maaaaaaaybe The Witch Hunter duology by Virginia Boecker. June has crept up on me (it's already the 27th?!), and I have a packed TBR for July that I could really use a head start on, so we'll see how fast I finish TRK!


Books I've obtained
Ah! For once I have something to post in here. I went to two used book stores during the week and got some goodies:  
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Falling Kingdom by Morgan Rhodes
A World Without End by Ken Follett

Then I got this GORGEOUS first edition history book from an antique shop yesterday, and y'all. I'M OBSESSED.  Look at how beaten up it us! And then my grandma loaned me her 1911 second edition of Classic Myths in English Literature and in Art by Charles Mills Gayley. It's all about greek mythology and it's so freaking beautiful. There's pictures and 'family trees', so to speak, and I absolutely adore it. There's something so precious about first editions, and I'll seriously cherish these for the rest of my life. 











Music I've been loving
I've been getting really into acoustic music lately, and even created my own playlist on Spotify. I play it a lot in the mornings just so I can get into the right kind of mood. It also seems to bring out the creative side in me: I always want to write up blog posts or journal whenever it's on.

Acoustic favorites: Home by Dotan // Barcelona by George Ezra // Amadeus by Family and Friends // Dust to Dust (acoustic version) by The Civil Wars // Old Pine by Ben Howard // Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran

Other music I've been loving: Too Good by Drake // Sangria by Blake Shelton // Home Alone Tonight by Luke Bryan // Needed Me by Rihanna // BOSS by Disclosure // Can't Stop The Feeling by Justin Timberlake // Welcome To The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance (tbt!!!)

Posts I uploaded
Happy Monday! on 6/20

Life shenanigans
I've been thinking a lot lately about my blog. I'll write up a more in-depth post on it soon, but basically, I've been thinking about what kinds of books I want to review for it (I asked on Twitter if you all formally review every book you read or not, and I got an overwhelming "No"), what I post on here, and how often. I've come to a few decisions and I'm excited to share them with you! I'll have that post up this week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment