Top favorites from the first half of 2016!

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Hey guys! I figured, since it's June and we're half way through the year, that I would show you what my favorite books are so far. Without further ado, let's get into it!


The Orphan Queen and The Mirror King by Jodi Meadows
This duology was such an intense high fantasy. Though it started out a little slow and similar to many other fantasy books, Wilhelmina and her gang really came into their own, with a story line that tugged at my heart strings and made me laugh. 

This was such an important book. Not only does it dive into the controversial topic of slut-shaming, but it features a healthy young woman having sex and enjoying it. Nothing is wrong with an MC that is a virgin, but we also need to shine the spotlight on girls who have active sex lives. It's not realistic, or right, to portray girls a certain way, and Flynn handles it gracefully.



A strange account of a group of friends, who are all fairies, and the friendships they find in the gnomes that have started a war in their village and the tightropers who are there to liberate them. Confused? I was too. But this was achingly beautiful and gritty, in the quirkiest way possible. Moskowitz was not afraid to tackle issues you normally don't see so openly in fantasies, and I applaud her for it. 

A gorgeously heart-warming coming-of-age story about a girl who looses her mother and is uprooted to LA when her father remarries. This deals with love, loss, and finding yourself in such a realistic way that I was moved to tears on a number of occasions.

Do I really need to explain this one?? NO.


What are your favorites of this year so far? Anything that I should add to my TBR?

No comments:

Post a Comment